A non-exhaustive list of useful EV conversion links.
National organizations, clubs, advocacy groups, and online forums.
- Electric auto association: USA national organization for owners of, and parties interested in, all types of electric automobiles. There are many regional chapters.
- Plug in America: National advocacy group pushing for adoption of electric vehicles through policy and regulation.
- diyelectriccar.com: Probably the best EV conversion centric forum site on the web.
- evdl: The electric vehicle discussion list. Probably the oldest gathering of EV nerds out there. Many of the “famous” old timers in the EV conversion world hang out here.
- ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html: The ecomodder site is not specifically for electric cars but has good information about efficiency modifications that apply to any vehicle as well as EV specific sections.
- electricforum.com: Another EV forum site, not specifically for conversions.
- austinev.org/evalbum: Well known album site for people to post information about their EV conversions, such as I did.
Information that is helpful and sometimes hard to find relating to chassis selection and used cars.
- http://ecomodder.com/wiki/index.php/Vehicle_Coefficient_of_Drag_List: A list of chassis drag coefficents/CdA information for many vehicles.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_drag_coefficient: More drag coefficients.
- http://www.mayfco.com/tbls.htm: Yet more drag coefficients.
- edmunds.com: One of many commercial sites where you can get used car information such as curb weight, used car pricing, specifications, etc.
- kbb.com: Another commercial site you can use to research used cars.
There are many manufacturers and resellers of EV Conversion parts. These are ones that I have either dealt with directly or which I know have good reputations. There are other good ones I am undoubtedly missing, but also a few flaky or fly by night ones, so of course use your judgement.
- manzanitamicro.com: USA based designer and manufacturer of Chargers, BMS, and Zilla line of DC controllers, and accessories for same. Makes direct sales. Also reseller of lithium batteries.
- elithion.com: BMS manufacturer. Retail sales through distributors.
- kta-ev.com: General EV parts and batteries.
- evolveelectrics.com: General EV parts and batteries.
- evparts.com: General EV parts, including parts for E-bikes, E-motorcycles, and off road vehicles.
- cloudelectric.com: General EV parts, including parts for E-bikes, E-motorcycles, and off road vehicles.
- thunderstruck-ev.com: General EV parts and Batteries.
- metricmind.com: High End, OEM grade AC drives, chargers, and other EV components.
Again this just scratches the surface.